Fresh Vegetable Salsa
Salsa is such a refreshing snack that is fully of flavor. It is a great way to use garden-fresh vegetables.Susan Dahlheimer, Medina, Ohio
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, green onions, yellow pepper,
- jalapeno pepper, cilantro, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate
- for at least 30 minutes. Serve with chips. Yield: about 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving of salsa (calculated without tortilla chips) equals 29 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.