Fresh Tomato Flatbread
Looking for an easy appetizer or side? All you need are a can of refrigerated crescent rolls, fresh tomatoes, a sprinkle of cheese, olive oil and savory seasonings.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Thinly slice the tomatoes; place on paper towels to drain. Unroll
- crescent dough; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Roll into a
- 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle; seal seams and perforations.
- Arrange tomatoes and onion over crust. In a small bowl, combine the
- oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper; brush over top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 10-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into
- squares. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 101 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.