Fresh Raspberry Pie
This flavorful and bright raspberry pie is the perfect ending to a heavy meal. The fruitiness of the filling combines perfectly with the flaky crust for a scrumptious dessert.Patricia Staudt, Marble Rock, Iowa
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- Reduced-fat whipped topping, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until
- smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin
- until dissolved. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place raspberries in the crust; slowly pour gelatin mixture over
- berries. Chill until set, about 3 hours. Garnish with whipped
- topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 163 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.