Fresh Raspberry Pie
Talk about scrumptious summer desserts - this one is colorful, cool and sweet. Fresh raspberries are my favorite fruit, and pie's my favorite dessert...so this is the perfect combination for me! I think you'll enjoy it, too.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Few drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- Combine crust ingredients. Press into a 9-in. pie plate; chill.
- Meanwhile, heat marshmallows and milk in a saucepan over low until
- smooth. Cool. Fold in cream and food coloring if desired. Spoon half
- into the crust. Top with half the raspberries. Repeat layers. Chill
- until firm, about 3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 310 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.