Fresh Peach Cobbler
I use the late summer's delicious peaches to make this classic dessert. I especially enjoy the nutmeg flavor.Pat Kinghorn, Morrill, Nebraska
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine peaches and 3/4 cup sugar; set aside. Pour butter
- into an 8-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine the flour,
- baking powder, salt, nutmeg and remaining sugar; stir in milk just
- until combined. Pour over butter. Top with the peaches. Bake at
- 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 327 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.