Fresh Mozzarella Sandwiches for 2
We love this fast, fresh sandwich, especially when it's too warm to turn on the oven to make dinner. I pair it with a fruity white wine and pasta salad or fancy potato chips. We often add avocado to the sandwiches and in the summer, use fresh Walla Walla onions. - Stacey Johnson
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons wasabi mayonnaise
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 thin slices sweet onion
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Spread toast with mayonnaise. On two slices, layer the cheese,
- tomatoes, onion and basil; top with remaining toast. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 466 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.