Fresh Herb Flatbread
“Since I grow so many herbs, I always look for opportunities to use them in all my cooking. This recipe uses two of my favorites, but it's also delicious with other combinations. Try thyme and marjoram or oregano and basil.” - Bev Credle of Hampton, Virginia
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into two rectangles. On a lightly
- floured surface, roll each into a 10-in. x 7-in. rectangle, sealing
- seams and perforations.
- Place one rectangle on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle basil and
- rosemary to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with remaining dough; pinch
- edges to seal. Brush with egg; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375° 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into
- slices. Serve warm.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.