Fresh Garden Salad
A delicious and colorful salad is only 10 minutes away! “Our garden was taking off, so I created a salad with the surplus, and it was hit,” writes Mary Spellerberg of Warsaw, Missouri. Just slice, dress and toss!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 thin slice sweet onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper and
- onion. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with fat-free dressing) equals 70 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.