Fresh Fruit Sauce
I used to peal the fruits which are in this sauce but not anymore. The new varieties of fruit now have thinner skin and hold the juicy fruit together if left on.Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
9 ServingsPrep/Total TIme: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup sliced fresh peaches
- 1 cup sliced fresh plums
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and orange juice until
- smooth; stir in honey. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and
- stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in
- peaches and plums. Serve with ice cream.
- Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 71 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.