Fresh Fruit Salsa
“Black beans add nutrition to this delightful salsa. It has all the bright colors and fresh flavors of summer,” writes Mary E. Relyea of Canastota, New York.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1 cup diced honeydew
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 large kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips Yield: 5 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup (calculated without tortilla chips) equals 47 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.