Fresh Fruit Parfaits
“I fix this simple recipe when I want to prepare something impressive for company,” notes Karin Christian of Plano, Texas. “It makes a low-calorie breakfast that feels indulgent.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup mixed berry yogurt
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 cup sliced ripe banana
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 whole strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and whipped topping; set aside 4
- teaspoons for topping. Spoon half of the remaining yogurt mixture
- into four parfait glasses; layer with half of the banana, sliced
- strawberries, pineapple and blueberries. Repeat layers.
- Top each parfait with reserved yogurt mixture and a whole strawberry.
- Chill until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 parfait equals 149 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 starch.