Fresh Cucumber Salad
"Crisp, garden-fresh cukes are always in season when we hold our family reunion...and they really shine in this simple salad," confirms Betsy Carlson from Rockford, Illinois. "The recipe can easily be expanded to make large quantities, too."
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill or parsley
- Place cucumbers in a 1-1/2-qt. to 2-qt. glass container. In a jar
- with tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over
- cucumbers. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted
- spoon. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 76 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.