Fresh Berry Pie
Our family and friends helped make the wedding of our daughter, Hannah, to Robert Aguilera a truly beautiful day. From the music...to the flowers...to the luncheon buffet, folks pitched in. This pie was on of the many wonderful desserts.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry or raspberry gelatin
- 1 quart fresh strawberries or raspberries
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream and fresh mint, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until
- smooth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in dry gelatin until dissolved.
- Cool until mixture begins to partially set.
- Remove stems from strawberries. Arrange berries, tip end up, in
- pastry shell; spoon gelatin mixture over fruit. Refrigerate until
- set, about 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and mint if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Tip: Bake pastry shells several days ahead if desired. Store cooled shells in air-tight containers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 341 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.