Fresh Berry & Almond Tarts
We had a “Taste of Home” party with friends who love to try new recipes. These appetizers were a hit. — Sheila Wyum, Rutland, North Dakota
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry
- sheets. Roll each to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in.
- cookie cutter to make eight circles or other shapes. Transfer to
- ungreased baking sheets; prick holes in pastries with a fork.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire
- racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cream cheese, confectioners' sugar
- and almond extract until blended. Spread over cooled pastries. Top
- with berries, pressing lightly to adhere. Sprinkle with almonds and,
- if desired, confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16
- individual tarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 individual tart equals 195 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium,