French Vinaigrette Salad
This recipes has been made and served for our family as long as I can remember. The oil and vinegar dressing is a light, tangy topping for the lettuce.Gay Nell Nicholas, Henderson, Texas
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Torn salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven
- ingredients; shake well.
- In a large salad bowl, combine greens and vegetables. Drizzle with
- dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 2-1/3 cups dressing.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 166 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.