French Toasted Buns
"Being a frugal mom, I feed my family creative foods on a budget," writes Sharon Strouse from Millersburg, Ohio. "This is favorite of our four children and a great way to use up left-over hamburger buns. It's also a big hit when we're camping."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 day-old hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chopped dried fruit
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Dip
- both sides of each bun into egg mixture. Cook on a greased hot
- griddle until golden brown on both sides. Meanwhile, in a saucepan,
- combine the syrup and dried fruit; cook over medium heat until
- heated through. Serve with French Toasted buns. Yield: 6 servings.