French Toast Sandwiches
Eleanor Smith uses peanut butter and banana to give this breakfast staple a kid-pleasing twist. "I call it 'Lightning Flash French Toat'," she writes from Hot Springs Village, Arkansas.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 small firm banana, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Honey, optional
- Spread peanut butter on two slices of bread. Top with banana slices
- and remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk,
- cinnamon and vanilla. Dip both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; grill sandwiches on
- both sides until golden brown. Serve with honey if desired. Yield: 2