"When I have friends over, I make this classy light recipe and serve with a tossed salad and crisp French bread," writes Catherine Johnston of Stafford, New York. "Toasted almond slices sprinkled on top add a crunchy, finishing touch."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 medium unpeeled apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons apple cider or juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper. In a large nonstick skillet
- coated with cooking spray, cook chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side
- or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the broth, apples, onion, 3 tablespoons
- cider, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and
- remaining cider until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Top with
- chicken; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 186 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,