French Onion Burgers
"I created French Onion Burgers one day when I needed to stretch a pound of hamburger," recalls Beth Johnson of Dalton, Ohio. "When we have high school boys help with baling hay, this is one of their favorite foods to enjoy after the work is done."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, onions, Worcestershire sauce
- and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 6-9 minutes on each side or a until a meat thermometer reads
- 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and
- tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.