This cheesy, chock-full-of-flavor omelet is modeled after one Bernice Morris tasted and loved in a Marshfield, Missouri restaurant. “Mine is so hearty and rich-tasting that folks never guess it's low in fat,“ she confides.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg substitute, milk, salt and
- pepper. Coat a 10-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place
- over medium heat. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set
- immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle the ham,
- onion and green pepper on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold
- other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 omelet equals 180 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 230 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,