French Dressing with Tomatoes
Every time I make this recipe that I received from my mother-in-law, it takes me back to the country. I can see myself in the garden among all of those fresh tomatoes. How good they are, plucked right off the vine.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tomato wedges
- Lettuce leaves
- In a blender, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process
- until blended. Place tomato wedges in a bowl; add enough dressing to
- cover. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Pour remaining
- dressing into a jar; cover and refrigerate for another use.
- To serve, use a slotted spoon to place tomato wedges on lettuce
- leaves; drizzle with dressing left in bowl. Yield: 3 cups.
If Cooking for Two: Prepare dressing and store in the refrigerator to use in small portions for several weeks.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 107 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 187 mg sodium,