French Dressing Over Iceberg Wedges
"This dressing has long been a favorite in our family affirms Carol Underhill from her Bathurst, New Brunswick kitchen. "I go the recipe from a friend years ago, who apparently picked it up from a local restaurant.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Iceberg lettuce, cut into wedges
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a blender; cover and process
- until smooth. Store in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; refrigerate.
- Shake; serve over lettuce wedges. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 89 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.