French Dip Sandwiches
Treat yourself or a loved one to a restaurant-quality lunch with this tasty sandwich! The flavorful au jus is a snap to prepare. Carole Lanthier - Courtice, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/2 cup steak sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 French rolls, split
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the beef, broth and 1/4
- cup steak sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or
- until heated through.
- Meanwhile, combine mustard and remaining steak sauce; spread over
- roll bottoms. Using a slotted spoon, place beef on rolls; replace
- tops. Serve with broth mixture for dipping. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich with 1/3 cup broth mixture equals 340 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 2,162 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.