French Dip Sandwiches
This recipe is great for an easy meal, since the meat cooks all day without any attention. Kids of all ages are fond of these super sandwiches.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hard rolls or French bread
- Remove and discard all visible fat from roast; cut roast in half.
- Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soy
- sauce, bouillon and spices; pour over roast. Add water to almost
- cover roast. Cover and cook over low heat 10-12 hours or until meat
- is very tender.
- Remove meat from broth; reserve broth. Shred meat with two forks.
- Serve on hard rolls or French bread slices with broth. Yield: 12
Nutrition Facts: 1/12 recipe (calculated w/o bread) equals 175 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.