- enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- For filling, combine the chocolate chips, milk and sugar in a
- saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in
- cinnamon; set aside.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in
- butter until crumbly. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Set aside.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into an
- 18-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with filling. Roll up jelly-roll
- style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place in a
- well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan, with seam facing inside of pan.
- Sprinkle with topping. Cover and let rise in a warm place until
- doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand
- for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool. Sprinkle
- with confectioners; sugar if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 336 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.