- sausage until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broth,
- parsley and seasonings. Reduce heat; cover and cook on low for 20
- minutes. Stir in bread crumbs.
- Line four 9-in. pie plates with bottom crusts; trim pastry even with
- edges. Fill each with about 4 cups filling. Roll out remaining
- pastry to fit tops of pies; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute
- edges. Cut slits in pastry. Cover and freeze some of the pies for up
- to 3 months if desired.
- Cover edges of remaining pies loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for
- 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake 15-20
- minutes longer or until crusts are golden brown.
- To bake frozen pies: Unwrap pies; cover edges loosely with foil. Bake
- at 400° for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° remove foil and
- bake 50-60 minutes longer or until crusts are golden brown. Yield: 4
- pies (8 servings each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 469 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 672 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.