Freezer Sweet Corn
"Whenever I serve this corn, people can't believe that it's frozen, not fresh," reveals Judi Oudekerk of St. Michael, Minnesota. "It's always crisp! I got the recipe from my daughter's mother-in-law, who lives on an Iowa farm."
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min. + freezing
- 4 quarts fresh corn (cut from about 20 ears)
- 1 quart hot water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a stockpot, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to
- large shallow containers; cool, stirring occasionally. Freeze in
- resealable plastic freezer bags or freezer containers, allowing
- headspace for expansion. Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 113 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.