Freezer Berry Jam
"We live on the farm where my husband was raised," shares Rita Pischke of Whitemouth, Manitoba. "Whenever we find wild blueberries nearby, I make this gorgeous ruby-red jam. It's also wonderful as a breakfast sauce."
56 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 4 cups blueberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- In a large bowl, mash the blueberries. Add raspberries and mash.
- Stir in sugar and lemon juice. Let stand for 10 minutes. In a small
- saucepan, bring water and pectin to a boil. Boil for 1 minute,
- stirring constantly. Add to fruit mixture; stir for 3 minutes or
- until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers; cool to room temperature, about
- 30 minutes. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not
- longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up
- to 1 year. Yield: 3-1/2 pints.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 82 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.