Fourth of July Jell-O
"With six children, I'm always looking for wholesome quick recipes," shares Mabel Yoder of Bonduel, Wisconsin. "This colorful salad can be fixed by school-age children and looks so pretty served in a glass bowl."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1/2 cup cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves, drained and cubed
- In a large bowl, dissolve the berry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cold water. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in.
- loaf pan. Refrigerate until firm. Repeat with strawberry gelatin and
- remaining boiling and cold water.
- When gelatin is set, cut into cubes. Just before serving, gently
- combine gelatin cubes and pears in a large glass bowl or individual
- dishes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 117 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.