Four-Cheese Broiled Tomato Slices
When my husband smells this recipe cooking, he always starts to salivate! It's a wonderful use for my garden tomatoes. —Jen Low, Buffalo, New York
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 large tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut each tomato
- into five slices. Spread each with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3 in. from the heat for 3-5
- minutes or until cheese mixture is golden brown and tomatoes are
- heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 76 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.