Four-Bean Taco Chili
Amy Martell of Canton, Pennsylvania knows how to heat up the dinner table on a cold night. Her zesty chili is chockfull of ground beef, beans and south-of-the-border flair. Whip up the stovetop sensation when you're feeding a crowd, or make sure to save leftovers for the following two recipes.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Yield: 12 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 280 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,105 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 22 g protein.