This sweet, tangy side dish reminds me of the many zesty dishes I enjoyed while growing up in the South. Everyone loves the different blend of beans.Bob & Georgia Crabb, Scio, Oregon
8-10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients in an ungreased 2-qt. casserole. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through and
- bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 173 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 781 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 8 g protein.