Foolproof Chocolate Fudge
This classic and truly foolproof fudge recipe will be a favorite for years to come. Try one of our suggested variations or personalize the fudge by adding your favorite ingredients to the basic recipe. Fudge also makes a great homemade gift to share with family and friends.
72 ServingsReady In Time 2 hours, 15 minutes
- 3 cups (18 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Dash salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsps. vanilla extract
- Line 8- or 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of
- Melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in heavy
- saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Chill 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan by lifting edges of
- foil. Cut into squares.
- Yield: About 2 pounds.
Combine chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in 1-quart glass measure. Cook on HIGH (100% power) 3 minutes or until chips are melted, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Proceed as above.
CREAMY DARK CHOCOLATE FUDGE: Melt 2 cups miniature marshmallows with chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Proceed as above.
MILK CHOCOLATE FUDGE: Omit 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Add 1 cup milk