Fluted Lemon Cake
My great-grandmother used to make this cake, which has been a family favorite for years. You won’t believe it starts with a cake mix! Lemon pudding and apricot nectar add a tanginess and moistness. It’s delicious plain or served with ice cream or whipped cream.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and dry pudding mixes, apricot
- nectar, oil, eggs and extract; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on
- medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in.
- fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over
- warm cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 369 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.