Fluffy White Frosting
"For a heavenly light and fluffy frosting, you can't top this cooked version," jots Georgie Bohmann of West Allis, Wisconsin. "You'll definitely want to lick the beaters after whipping up this modern variation of the classic 7-minute frosting."
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan over low heat or double boiler over
- simmering water, combine the sugar, egg whites, water and cream of
- tartar. With a portable mixer, beat mixture on low speed for 1
- minute. Continue beating on low speed over low heat until frosting
- reaches 160°, about 8-10 minutes. Pour into a large bowl; add
- vanilla. Beat on high speed until frosting forms stiff peaks, about
- 7 minutes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 26 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.