Fluffy Raspberry Torte
"Relatives at our reunion were quick to request the recipe when I brought this torte that's chock-full of fresh berries," recalls Dorothy Meyer of Markesan, Wisconsin.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Set aside
- 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom
- and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk. Cook and whisk
- over medium-low heat until marshmallows are melted and mixture is
- smooth. Cool.
- Fold in whipped cream, raspberries and pecans. Pour into prepared
- crust. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate
- overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 398 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.