- 12-15 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the flour, sugar, egg yolks
- and pineapple. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches
- 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat;
- stir in vanilla. Pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add
- sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over hot
- filling, sealing edges to the pan. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake 15
- minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1
- hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 355 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.