Fluffy Lemon Pudding Cake
"This warm two-layer pudding cake is one that my mother-in-law made when her children were growing up," shares Leslie Wyatt of Chilhowee, Missouri. "Today, it is a perennial favorite around our house due to its terrific lemon flavor."
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 egg whites
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Beat in the
- lemon juice, egg yolk, flour, lemon peel and salt; mix well.
- Gradually beat in milk. In another large bowl, beat egg whites until
- stiff peaks form; gently fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Place the dish in a 13-in.
- x 9-in. baking dish. Pour boiling water into the larger baking dish
- to a depth of 1 in.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean and top is golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 205 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium,