Fluffy Fruit Salad
I like this recipe since I can prepare it in advance when entertaining. Even people who don't care for cranberries usually like this treat.Christine Halandras, Meeker, Colorado
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, cranberry sauce and oranges. Fold
- in whipped topping and peel. Serve on lettuce if desired. Garnish
- with pecans just before serving. Store leftovers in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat whipped topping) equals 138 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.