Fluffy Cheesecake Dessert
In Bethalto, Illinois, Rhonda Miller prepares a light, creamy filling with mild citrus flavor, then spoons it over a simple vanilla wafer crust. The yummy result makes an appealing ending to a summer meal.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 75 wafers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine marshmallows and orange
- juice. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute. Stir until
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese. Add marshmallow mixture; beat
- just until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Combine wafer crumbs and butter; set aside 3/4 cup for topping.
- Press remaining crumbs into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- Spoon cream cheese filling over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 280 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.