24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) JELL-O® Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Cool Whip® Whipped Topping, thawed
- Red or yellow food coloring, optional
- OPTIONAL DECORATIONS:
- 24 large marshmallows
- Colored sugar
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for
- cupcakes; cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Pierce cupcake tops with fork. In a small bowl, add boiling water to
- gelatin; stir 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Spoon over
- cup cakes. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans. Tint
- whipped topping with food color if desired; frost cupcakes.
- For BUNNYMALLOW decorations, slice each marshmallow into 5 rounds
- crosswise. Press one cut side of each slice into colored sugar.
- Arrange slices on cupcakes to resemble flower petals. Refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 24 servings.