- around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg
- yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and coats the
- back of a spoon. Quickly transfer to a bowl; stir in peanut butter
- until blended. Place in ice water and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in
- cream and vanilla. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according
- to the manufacturer’s directions.
- For cake, let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In
- a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over medium-low
- heat. Remove from the heat; whisk in egg yolks.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed
- until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar on high until stiff
- glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold into chocolate
- Transfer to a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 325° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Cut into
- 12 pieces.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar. In a small
- saucepan, heat heavy cream and espresso powder until bubbles form
- around the sides of pan. Whisk a small amount into yolk mixture.
- Return all to pan, whisking constantly. Cook until thickened. Remove
- from the heat; stir in liqueur. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve cake with ice cream and sauce. Garnish servings with chopped
- chocolate. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece of cake with 3 tablespoons ice cream and 4 teaspoons sauce equals 477 calories, 37 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 217 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.