Flounder with Cucumber Sauce
“We live on Chesapeake Bay and my husband goes fishing every chance he gets,” writes Carole Dishman of Hampton, Virginia. “This is my favorite way to fix flounder he catches.” It's also “company-special” and table-ready in just 20 minutes!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 flounder fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Place the flounder in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking
- spray. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with salt and lemon-pepper.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with
- flounder. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 217 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.