These flounder packets are fun to make, and they’re low in fat and calories, too. “You can substitute catfish, orange roughy, sole or perch,” notes Susan Gardner of Independence, Missouri.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 flounder fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12
- in. square). Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with red pepper,
- cucumber and onion. Combine the soy sauce, oil and ginger; drizzle
- over vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam
- to escape. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 172 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.