Florentine Tomato Soup
You'll come away satisfied after spooning into a bowl of this fresh-tasting soup. "It's chock-full of delicious ingredients," assures Joan Clements from Wheatland, Indiana.
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- In a saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes, water, basil, bouillon
- and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in noodles; reduce heat. Simmer
- for 10 minutes. Add spinach; cook until noodles are tender. Yield: 5
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 72 calories, 301 mg sodium, 5 mg cholesterol, 13 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 2 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.