Flavorful Sloppy Joes
This savory all-star recipe from Nancy Collins of Clearfield, Pennsylvania makes just enough for two hearty sandwiches. The sauce level is low, making it a “neat” sloppy Joe.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 379 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,112 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.