- Gradually add broth and wine to the pan, stirring to loosen browned
- bits. Bring to a boil. Stir in mashed garlic. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half.
- Strain sauce and return to pan; stir in remaining butter until
- melted. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Sprinkle with onions;
- serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 227 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 439 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.