Flank Steak with Couscous
It takes just minutes to broil this nicely seasoned flank steak that’s served with made-in-minutes couscous. Slicing the meat on an angle across the grain produces the most tender results. If you prefer, a pound of sirloin steak can be used instead of the flank steak in this recipe.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 2 packages (5.8 ounces each) roasted garlic and olive oil couscous
- 3/4 cup diced roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub over flank
- steak. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or
- until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions. Stir in
- roasted peppers. Thinly slice steak across the grain; drizzle with
- Italian dressing. Serve with couscous. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 487 calories, 26 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 1,163 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.