Talk about a sugar-and-spice treat! Just try to stop eating these toasty, roasty snack nuts. “They’re also great sprinkled on all kinds of salads.”
Anne Leslie - Chandler, IN
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook pecans over medium heat until
- toasted, about 4 minutes. Add the brown sugar, syrup and five-spice
- powder. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted.
- Spread on foil to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1/3 cup equals 285 calories, 26 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.