Five-Minute Blueberry Pie
If you like the taste of fresh blueberries, you'll love this pie, declares Milda Anderson, Osceola, Wisconsin. "Since it's a breeze to whip up, I make it often, especially in summer," she says.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water
- until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Add blueberries. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into crust. Chill. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 202 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.